The Blade 98S adds Spin Effect Technology in an 18×16 string pattern
to deliver precision spin and control for the modern, aggressive game.
Parallel Drilling and Braided Graphite Basalt improve performance.
The lighter weight provides faster racket speed for players on the rise.
- Spin Effect Technology (S.E.T.): By using fewer cross
strings than main strings, this technology allows the main strings
to deflect more for maximum snapback for massive spin. This is the
first technology that increases ball RPM without players needing
to change their swing speed.
- Amplifeel Technology: A softer handle, made possible
by enhanced foam that conforms better to a players grip, yet
made stable by graphite and basalt planks that also improve
feel. A rounded butt-cap design gives the racquet handle a more
tapered feel that provides greater comfort for players who grip
the handle closer to or on the butt-cap.
- Braided Graphite Basalt: In this revolutionary new layup,
Wilson braids Basalt with carbon graphite fiber throghout the entire
frame. This is the first time Basalt has been braided. Since Basalt
is so elastic, it allows the racquet’s hoop to flex in ways that
improve feel, hang time and control.
- Parallel Drilling: Provides a consistent, more forgiving
stringbed response while dramatically increasing the sweetspot.
- Headsize: 98 in2
- Weight Strung: 311.84g
- Weight Strung: 11.0 oz
- Balance: 1 Points Head Light
- Swing Weight: 325
- Stiffness: 63
- Length: 27in
- Cross Section: 21.5-21.5-21.5 mm
- Power Level: Low-Medium
- Stroke Style: Medium-Full
- Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
- String Pattern: 18 x 16
- Composition: Braided Basalt & Graphite
- Grip: Wilson Sublime
- Recommended Tension: 56 /- 5lbs