Designed for big hitters looking to control their power, the
Blade 98 18×20 dense string pattern provides classic control
and a traditional feel. Upgraded with Parallel Drilling and
Braided Graphite Basalt construction to provide high
performance and enhanced feel to dominate the competition.
- Amplifeel Technology: A softer handle, made possible
by enhanced foam that conforms better to a players grip, yet
made stable by graphite and basalt planks that also improve
feel. A rounded butt-cap design gives the racquet handle a more
tapered feel that provides greater comfort for players who grip
the handle closer to or on the butt-cap.
- Braided Graphite Basalt: In this revolutionary new layup,
Wilson braids Basalt with carbon graphite fiber throghout the entire
frame. This is the first time Basalt has been braided. Since Basalt
is so elastic, it allows the racquet’s hoop to flex in ways that
improve feel, hang time and control.
- Parallel Drilling: Provides a consistent, more forgiving
stringbed response while dramatically increasing the sweetspot.
- Headsize: 98 in2
- Weight Strung: 320.35g
- Weight Strung: 11.3 oz
- Balance: 6 Points Head Light
- Swing Weight: 327
- Stiffness: 64
- Length: 27in
- Cross Section: 21.5-21.5-21.5 mm
- Power Level: Low
- Stroke Style: Medium-Full
- Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
- String Pattern: 18 x 20
- Composition: Braided Basalt & Graphite
- Grip: Wilson Sublime
- Recommended Tension: 52 /- 5lbs